|Posted on December 14, 2011 at 5:30 PM|
Work on the fourth major update to Datawire (version 1.4.0) is nearing completion.
You should expect to see it live and ready tomorrow (December 15th, 2011). Datawire's auto-updater will alert you of the update on start, as usual, and you will be able to download/install it. If you experience problems with that, the new build will be available for download from here (winbatch.webs.com) as well.
I will also be updating the new version of Datawire on FreewareFiles.com. It may take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to process/scan/approve it for re-posting.
What will you see in this update?
- VOIP (Voice over IP) chat capablilites added to lobbies (device configurable)
- Improved chat display (words will still be cut, however. That will be changed later).
- Improved lobby aesthetics (i.e. different colors/fonts), hopefully you like it.
- Window sizing is now conducted by a ratio-based algorithm that should make Datawire be the correct size on any system monitor.
- Tweaked file-transfer engine.
Hopefully this will solve some issues/better your experience using Datawire.
Thanks for your support!